Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend bliss

Good food, shopping and good company makes a wonderful weekend. Have just splurged on a dress for my wedding dinner. Though it has made a dent in my bank account but it doesn't stop me from indulging in food.



Was at BSCII on Saturday and since there has been a write-up on this particular restaurant name Banquet we decided to tried it. The ambience was very English like, the whole concept is all white-washed paint, rattan-liked chairs, marble-liked tables (since I've no eye for diffrentiating how real marble look likes, hence the word marble-liked), of course there's the high-society crowd there as well. But enough about that. It's the food that I'm aiming to talk about.

We ordered, spaghetti olio with red snapper, chicken casserole with wine and fettuccine with asparagus, beef bacon and courgettes. The portion was small and presentation was minimal. For dessert we ordered a chocolate tart and hot chocolate cake to share. Those 2 are to die for. Totally sinful. As we dig into the chcolate cake all the chocolate sauce ooze out and the sight is astounding. Really mouth watering. In overall I'd give the food a 6 out of 10 while the ambience an 8 out of 10. So after a full stomach, the ending of the day would be to enjoy it with a tweak to the brains.



(Top: Chicken casserole with wine, Below: Hot chocolate cake)

I've been having the time of my life. No I am not a compulsive gambler but the thrill of the sound of tiles knocking into each other, the anticipation to see whether the next tile is actually the one you're waiting for. Total bliss for me that is. I'm talking about mahjong. Not mahjong solitaire that you play on the computer but the actual mahjong, with all the papers, chips and table on hand.
You'll probably think I'm an old aunty addicted to mahjong. Well officially I am an aunt but I'm no old gal I tell you. Some might think it's a stressful game where you'd need to think of strategy but it actually keeps the stress of work lowered somehow. Why?? Because I don't play with $$. There are no $$ or any kind of denomination involved on the table.
Though I must admit with laughter and wine mixed with mahjong, things tend to get a little way off. Topic of conversation can go from serious to really ridiculous subjects ranging from topics on wedding preparation to brazillian waxing. This was one way to keep us awake as well since we played late into the nite. It's been a great way to relax this weekend after a taxing week. Let's hope that this "high" keeps me on my toes for the coming week ahead.

5 comments:

zewt said...

an aunt means aunty already la .... haha!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wow..banquet 6 out of 10..man you have very high expectations for food eh..yes their chocolate cake is their signature dish..pity you didnt try their butterfish..

Weig said...

So, are you an ambience person or a hell-with-ambience-feed-me person?

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Yea yea. It's a sad fact I'm getting old.

Joe: Yup. I love my food so I expect to be in cloud 9 as I savour my food. =)

Cirnelle: I'll consider myself half half. If the food's too good to pass, then the ambience can come later. :)

zewt said...

it's good to be honest... kakakaka!