Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year, New Life

Being back in KL seems like a faraway possibility ever since I stepped into Cat City which was my beloved home for Christmas 2007. But that day has come and passed. I flew back to KL on New Years day with trepidation thinking whether now things would be different after I’ve signed on the dotted line and gotten the ceremony over and done with but God has been kind and merciful where my then boyfriend and now husband has been loving, patient and understanding as before and even more so now. Yes, I’ve now joined the bandwagon of the married couples out there and have received plenty of wishes from friends around the world on that special day and I would like to personally thank all of them for taking time to remember and wish me and my husband on our special day.

Many questions do flow into conversation as to how married life is like? I wish that I can say it is amazing, with rainbows in the sky everyday, mushy love notes left lying around the house for each other to discover and breakfast in bed but those can only happen during the honeymoon period and in movies. Not when you get back to work the next day after coming back. That’s reality but I have nothing to complain or to be unhappy about. All I can say, it is the same as before, only that now I have an extra person to care and love as well as someone to care and love me back. The rest of the issues about toilet seats being left up, or wet towels lying on the floor etc; we’ve not had that sort of problems. We do have our own small petty issues but we’re learning to compromise and love each other as we are.

The next question as to how was the wedding dinner? All I can say is, with reliable and trustworthy friends and relatives, things will go smoothly. Of course there maybe small hiccups here and there but what event will ever go smoothly without flaws? We all had tremendous fun. All the yam sengs and drinking sessions after the dinner, it definitely was an unforgettable night.

So, Thank You again to all you guys who helped make my day!!!

5 comments:

zewt said...

congratulations.... jules should read your second last para... she is really paranoia that things will go wrong. i guess we have to trust or friends and relatives.

send my regards to mcmercedez.

Brian Ong said...

Congratulation!~ Wish there are rainbows in the sky everyday for u.. =D

Anonymous said...

congratz! sorry for not being able to wish u this earlier. been away for quite a while from blogging n stuff.

anyway, congratulations yet again :D

myop101 said...

congrats!... finally big girl liao...hahahaha

and it will be my turn very soon...:P

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Thank you! Thank you! Well, I guess she just wants things to be perfect for both your special day. Just don't let her get too anxious and forget to enjoy it. It's good at times to have one party to be anxious of things rather than both to know be bothered. Heheheh!!!

KK Ong: Thank you for your wishes.

Alvin Lim: Thanks Alvin. I haven't been reading your blog too since I went back home and before the wedding. Will do more reading and blogging now onwards. :)

muop101: Thank you for your wishes. It definitely will be your turn soon. Congratulations to you too. Enjoy your special day and let me know about it ok?

Thank you all for your wishes.