Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Scam of 2008

Have anyone of you been cheated by easy money to come by? I've been lucky enough thanks to Him above and to many forward emails from friends warning about how unfortunate people get scammed through all these easy lottery winnings via the internet or even through calls that tells you to just follow certain instructions to claim the winning pot!

I just received another email. This round it's not the title that caught my attention but the sender's name that caught my attention. It states that it's from "Microsoft Lottery Board UK" and the title is the usual Congratulations. You Won. Being a normal busybody with nothing much to do tonight I decided to open the email but still assuring and alerting myself that it is another scam. Lo and behold, it states that I'm one of the 10 lucky winners that won the lump sum of 1,000,000.00 GBP! Woo hoo!! Yea. As if. That is basically like God dropping a ton of gold or a bag full of $$ into your lap without you doing anything, not even praying and having faith that He will give it to you man!

Funny thing about this email it does not ask you for your account details or any personal identification details. Just your name, contact address, phone number, country, state and city. I mean that sounds pretty harmless right. But knowing how those cunning people work, who probably will create another total different identity using your details. I actually had a good mind to just create some sort of details using the name of the person who sent it to me. Some guy name David Jones Brown and his own contact number. I wonder if I did that, will they know that people out there are aware of their scams or they just simply couldn't care less and just use the details. Seriously how many poor souls will fall for this and how many more scams are created every minute? If only these scammers put their brains to good use, I bet they would easily become small millionaires even. Don't even need to be those successful and famous millionaires but still a millionaire. But instead they prefer to use their brains to bamboozle people.

So for you guys out there, please be careful and don't join the ever growing statistics of being duped by these charlatans.

5 comments:

myop101 said...

it is very weird...

why don't this Mr Brown use his company's e-mail? obviously a spam.

just delete it k...:)

Seaqueen said...

myop101: Hmm..Probably cos the person creating the email wasn't that smart as we thought. It's long gone from my trash. :)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

it keeps coming up in my junk box..duno y ar..

Anonymous said...

all these emails, i will add them to spam mail. haha. din even bother to read them. coz some might contain a jpg file which is virus infected. not good

Seaqueen said...

"Joe" who is constantly craving: Junk box? Well, at least you know it's spam then. :)

Alvin Lim: Yes. Very true. Smart.