Saturday, March 22, 2008

Unanswered questions

Lately a lot has been going through my mind.

After the country's election, I wonder how the new politicians will be able to prove themselves, to able to prove that they're much better than the old government, whether the older government will find dirty tactics and ways to bring down the new government. After a few days I stopped reading the papers too. All I find inside are depressing news of how the old government are acting, being sour grapes. Even the new government aren't working among themselves. Power crazy maybe? Who knows? But it's a depressing news.

I felt exhilaration for a couple of days when I decided to throw caution against the wind and resigned without a job. This is the first for me, and it feels great. I thought that I would worry about how I will be able to find ways and means to pay for my commitments but surprisingly I did not have any niggling feeling at all. It came about when my manageress decided to be her normal self and act like the demented ever-barking dog she is. Not in the terms of barking orders but more of barking because she's not please about any single thing. In one word, I've had my patience worn thin when I'm being rebuked by someone for no particular reason. Thank God I wasn't the only one who wasn't in her good books. At least it didn't made things as miserable as it was but I really pitied all the uncles in my organization who have been pressured by her endlessly. One of these days I'm just worried a blood pressure in their body will burst and a stroke will occur. Unsurprisingly this has happened to numerous other parties but I guess management has turn a blind eye to it.

Yesterday was Good Friday and as I attended mass I was nearly brought to tears when I think back of how the Son of God has suffered intentionally for our sins, my sins. It has never gotten to me this deep. The vision of the movie, Passion of the Christ came into my mind when the sermon was given.

So, not literally being weepy but been thinking more and more of things happening around me, in my life. Some good and some bad. Nothing unusual about that I'd admit. Just feel a little hopeless at times how things come about. Maybe I should spent more quiet time with God and maybe a little practicing of what I've read in The Secret might help eh? I wonder how well it works?

7 comments:

zewt said...

so u resigned without a job huh... that's quite brave. i think it is ok la... so long as mcmercedez is working haha!

happy easter.

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Yea I did but I have something in hand that I have not firmed up that's all. :)

Happy Easter to you too.

Anonymous said...

good for u. no point shortening ur life for another person who is not worth it. :)

about the politics. hahaah. if u wanna start ur day fresh and positive, dont read the papers!

Seaqueen said...

Alvin Lim: :) Thanks for your support. Hahhaha!!! Don't read the papers huh?? Or only read the world news not the local ones?? Hhahah!!

myop101 said...

dear seaqueen,

it's ok to resign without a job. the prob with it is, you might feel bored at some point and wonder whether you can get a new job. that's when you might take up any job offer that is placed on the table.

beware k! i did it before. sometimes, all you need is patience. don't end up wasting time to get another crappy job...:)

Seaqueen said...

myop101: Oh. Thanks for the advice. :)

zewt said...

then it's not exactly resigning without a job la...