Thursday, June 5, 2008

Up Up and Away

Up Up and Away can be related to smoke or to the recent price hike of petrol which also means that our money in our purses and wallets are definitely going up in smoke. So up up and away it goes.

I've yet to find the energy or that so-called "passion" to be totally infuriated with the government as I used to be when they initially kept increasing petrol price. But after this round, I think I have gotten immune to it. I don't get angry with the CCB (don't ask me what that stands for cos it's illegal to post it here) government but more of get really disappointed with them. Gone were the days that I'll rant, object, whine about this whole price hike. I'm just praying hard to God that, even with the increase of price from A-Z due to the petrol hike, I'm only asking for not an increase of crimes. As I foresee that will bound to happen when people get desperate.

After experiencing the massive jam and even not being able to get my turn at the petrol pump, I'm beginning to think like Zewt, that the grass will be much greener on the other side. Getting the drift here??

Which basically means that my current project that I'm actually thinking of starting might not kick off after all. Have to discuss in more detail with hubby on this.

So what's your take on this?

P.S (Pix taken from Yahoo Image)

5 comments:

zewt said...

start packing then :)

Seaqueen said...

Hahahah!!! You understand me pretty well eh??
So how's yours coming along? Any good news?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hey check out the PM website, it shows the official BM letter

basically restaurants with an annual turnover of 3 million and above will be required to charge stx, the rest need not (applies to restaurants outside of hotels)

reason being, is most of us will go to the smaller restaurants so with no stx, it will be cheaper to our pockets..dont think anyone wants to hike up their profits to charge service tax bcoz it goes to govt and not their pockets..dont get confused with service charge (10%), that is for the restaurant and not govt.

Seaqueen said...

Oh. Thanks for the info. :)Hm. So will have to start scrutinizing all my bills in detail before I fork our my $$ now.

myop101 said...

it is inevitable and only natural to think elsewhere...