Thursday, October 16, 2008

How much more stupid can you get?


I stopped blogging for the past few months as I couldn't find one topic worth blogging about, nothing about the political situation in this country deserve a space in my blog and there isn't anything much interesting going on in my life at the moment but something caught my attention this morning and I thought what better topic can I get than this to start blogging again.

I've been reading the papers online every morning and the topic "POLICEMEN BEAT A RETREAT" caught my attention. Now thinking, this it totally a good topic to blog about, ever since I've been away from blogging for so many months.

My initial comprehension of this particular subject was, "Has there been some sort of riot that the policemen had actually retreated?" I mean that would be a total shame to the country and of course the police force but boy am I in for a bigger surprise.

After reading this particular piece in the news, it came to light that a police beat base in Chow Kit area has been shut down. The reason for the closure, get ready for this (Drum roll please...) I quote from the papers mind you, "Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar said the beat base was located in a dirty area where police faced the possibility of being exposed to contagious diseases." I was like huh? !! How much more stupid can one get? I mean is that a sufficient enough reason to close a base? Then read on, it say as quoated, "The presence of criminals also posed a threat to the safety of police officers."

And I thought that I was going bonkers reading too much online. I misjudged a politicians in this country. The longer you're in politics, the more ludicrous your reasons get. A safety threat? What kind of bloody reason is that? Does this mean that our safety is at stake here? To the extent that a police beat has to be closed down as criminals posed a threat to the police officers? Shouldn't it be the other way round or have I been in deep slumber all this while to actually missed out this important turns of events?

I guess I'm having a good laugh with my friends about this statement made by our beloved home minister but I shudder to think what will happen if he continues to exert his brain juice in running the ministry.









3 comments:

Mcmercedez said...

Well, this actually came from the idiot Syed Hamid.. He seriously dunno what the is actually saying or doing anyway..

The best joker in Malaysia..

Seaqueen said...

Exactly. I really salute him.

myop101 said...

you should not be surprised coming from the man who said the china press reporter was detained under ISA for her safety...