Thursday, October 30, 2008

Price reduction saga

Today's news online that was in my mind was on the price reduction of petrol. So far, we're still behind times compared to other Asian countries who has already slashed petrol prices for God knows how many more times more than us.

In one way I'm glad for the reduction in petrol price. At least the savings from there can help cover the monthly toll expenses. Also there has been talks by the ministry on trying to reduce food outlet's prices. Seriously speaking I'm not that convinced that businesses are willing to reduce the prices. Most would just turn a blind eye to the reduce petrol prices. I mean, a few cents for each item added up is worth a lot to businesses and they will think that it is just a small amount that consumers will just have to bear with it. Which is what we are all doing at the moment. So, what makes the ministry think that the businesses will reduce the pricing? Will they go to the extent to each restaurant in the whole country to check? Probably at random. How much control will they have? What about other businesses? Not only food. What about other things like clothes, books, household items, etc? Will the price reduce? No chance in that I bet.

I guess, these questions I've been asking myself thousands of times and I'm sure many out there are asking as well. I'd rather take my own action in ways to cut down , rather than rely on our incapable government.

1 comment:

myop101 said...

look, if it is a cost to you, they hope you will manage it yourself.

but if it is a cost to them, they hope you can manage it too since they pass it on to you...