Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New pair of eyes

New pair of eyes. That is what I initially thought what it would be when I place the contact lens into my eyes. Ok. I’ll admit that I’m vain enough to get one pair but only for the one month period. I contemplated whether I should go half blind to my wedding dinner next month but in the end, I decided I’d better not. The thought of knocking into chairs or even walking into a pillar does not seem a very happy moment, though classic in the years to come so, I got the lenses yesterday.


I’ve been vainer during my college days, trying out contact lenses then, but I just couldn’t stand the alien feeling of something in my eyes. Each time I blink I get irritated by the feeling that I had to practically sit on my hands from tearing my eyes out. It was that bad for me, the discomfort, and the red, dry eyes. All for the sake of being pretty or whatever that was during that time. But thank God as I matured, I decided, I’d rather take comfort above anything. No amount of persuasion from friends or when my fiancée got his years back did sway me from my decision, not until last night.

So basically, this morning, I took a longer time getting prepared for work. Normally it’s just the usual 1,2,3 step for facial after brushing my teeth, running a comb through my hair and I’m out. These days, I even got lazier or more of I’m not even bothered to put on any make up. Don’t ask me why but somehow I’m in no mood for making up. It’s a painstaking process and I’ve never had a knack for that. So, since it was a first time for contact, I decided to make the effort to put on slight bit of make up.

As I’m typing away this entry, I’m furiously blinking my eyes hoping to God that the uncle sitting opposite me doesn’t think that I’m coming on to him. It is still a tad bit uncomfortable but not as what it used to feel like. Probably technology has evolved and made the lenses more bearable, either that or I’m trying to convince myself that it really isn’t when it actually is. Oh, I just don’t know. It’s just 3 weeks away, so I’ll just grin and bear with it till it’s over.

9 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

well all for the name of love..you can do it!..but then again, do whats comfortable..

Seaqueen said...

"Joe" who is constantly craving: Hahah!! Yes. Always keeping that in mind.

myop101 said...

hey... you ditched your specs?

Anonymous said...

Carribean Queen here...

Don't worry, you look great without your school teachers' spec.I know becose I have seen you with your gorgles, you will look great. It will knock off the guys off their feet on our wedding day in your white wedding gown.

Nowdays one have to put on some sort makeup not because I am for it but it like a old mini cooper, you need to polish the hub caps, clean the windscreen and maybe give the body a new coat of paint.
This will make the you feel proud and zip un and drown the road(Aisle your case)

Good luck on your contacts, hope it will stay with you and become part of your "assets" or "arsenal"

Show your true beauty and not hide behind some old school teacher's windscreens.

Anonymous said...

Carribean Queen here..

Sorry typo error again.. Not "our wedding day" it should be "your wedding day"

Made a bo bo again

Seaqueen said...

myop101: Yea. Just for alternate days so that I can get used to it for my big day. Amazing what humans can do just to accommodate vanity huh?

Carribean Queen: Hmm..old mini huh?? Sigh, after a while you just get a tad bit lazy. Hahhaah!! For men it's so much easier. Not much difference when they comb their hair or not. Hahahh!!! Anyway, the contacts won't be permanent. I still prefer wearing specs. Less hassle.

Mcmercedez said...

Some people do look good on specs you know.. hehe.. but it just not too convenient when you want to do something like sports.. heheh..

Seaqueen said...

Mcmercedez: Look who's talking. So who looks good you say?

Anonymous said...

maybe i should go for laser treatment. mmm. i bought 2 pairs of specs...same power...but i cannot use. i donno why. =_=