Thursday, November 8, 2007

Of stress and small little luxuries

Such wonderful bliss. Absoutely paradise to have someone paying so much attention to you. I'm talking about my massage. Recently I went for a complimentary massage at one of those spa centres and they happened to have a promotion on their packages. Ok, I'm not those rich tai tai out there who go for their monthly facials or manicure and pedicure or such but a massage don't really qualifies me for a high maintenance girl, nor a rich tai tai right? I guess it's a norm for nowadays working girls to actually have these kind of luxuries compared to our mother's time. You don't hear them talking about going for massages or manicures per say. Well, then again, during their time, where do you actually see them working their asses off at the office till 10pm or 11pm most the days huh? Back to the topic of small little luxuries.

I'm never one to easily succumb to sweet talking especially those salesmen that walk up to your table when you're having a bowl or curry laksa at the hawker or something like that. Neither am I one to give in to a sales person who calls out to you to sign up for a bank credit card when you go shopping at the hypermarts. So most of my closest friends that either does MLM or insurance or have anything to sell to me knows I'm a hard nut to crack. I'll only agree to actually buy or sign up for something when I've actually made up my mind on it. No amount of convincing or even free gifts will actually tempt me, which I might say I'm really proud. Ok, I might do it to help a friend but that's for a one time basis.


Back to the promotion package I signed up this week, I thought it's high time I learn to enjoy what I've earned and also to let it be a means of releasing stress. In my earlier blog entry, I was talking about how we've always worked so hard to actually find we have no time to enjoy time with loved ones much less to have ME quality time. So that's why I thought it's a good reward for myself after all these years of work.


It's been a great week so far. Something to look forward to for the coming weeks.

5 comments:

zewt said...

aiya.... ask mcmercedez to earn more than u can go more often lor...

oppsss....

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Hmm. A very good idea. Will tell Jules when I see her next round. I think she'll like that huh?? Hahhaha!!!

Anonymous said...

good! ppl need to enjoy themselves from time to time :D ...jz don be too comfortable with it. :P ...or should i say, don get addicted

myop101 said...

The little comforts in life. But don't get too comfortable with it since our gomen has warned of the impending price increases.

Seaqueen said...

Alvin: Hehe!! Very true.

myop101: Yea. Hopefully they won't increase everything.