Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When I die...


As I mentioned in my previous entry, I've experienced so much in such a few months. During one of my breakfast with my siblings my brother brought up a question, kind of like ironic seeing that we just only buried my dad the day before. His question was what would we like done when we die?

The reason the question came up was because it was all of a sudden and we weren't prepared to what we should do, what should be done first as we're a Christian family but a majority of my dad's side aren't coverts, meaning they still either are free-thinkers or follow Buddhism. So, there's a lot of what I'll called silent disagreement on how my father should be respected and how the last rites should be done.

Therefore, I write this with hope that one day when I die I'd like:

1) To be buried back in my hometown, Kuching Sarawak. (Though I may not know where I'll be, maybe halfway around the world when I die and will bring problems to my dearest ones in bringing my body back)

2) I'd like flowers with peaceful and soothing Christian songs played during the whole time, from preparation till burial. No chanting, no incense burning.

3) I'd like to have a Christian burial ceremony.
I'd like to see peace between everybody and no trying to find which way's the best way to pay respects to me.

4) I'd like everyone to smile and not cry for I believe that I would have lived a wonderful and fulfilled life by then.

Death will always be unpredictable and something that will always bring tears but at least my fears are aligned to such that I know where I'm going and I'm prepared.

2 comments:

zewt said...

wah... no need to be so forbid. i am sure your husband will do the right thing.

Seaqueen said...

Hahahah!!! U meant morbid is it?