Saturday, September 8, 2007

Cartoon

Typical Sunday would be a laid back one. Spending quiet time with God is a definite. I've been frequenting 1Utama for the past months so I've decided to take a break from all those window shopping. Yes. I'm a girl but I don't literally shop just because there's a sale.

Today's no different. As I sit here and think of what should I blog about today, since it's a Sunday and I've totally used up my brain juice for the week, I'm stumped. My fiancee's watching tv, in particular the cartoon channel. I'm actually quite amazed that he still finds the latest cartoons interesting to watch. I've no idea whether he's watching it for the animation, storyline or just because there's nothing else to watch on the channels. I've always love cartoon. There were classic ones like Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.


But nowadays cartoons like Danny Phantom, Ed, Edd n Eddy or The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, just doesn't jive. Probably I'm too old fashion about cartoons. My version of cartoons would need people, animals "drawn" properly with a proper story line, it can be comical, filled with all those "aw" moments but it definitely has to be something that we all can relate to somehow or the other. Not something like the Untalkative Bunny. I mean, what's with the horrific looking bunny acting dumb? I wonder what they're trying to potray to the childern watching it? Look "adorable" but dumb at the same time? No offense here. I've got high respect for all the animation producers, the artist and effort they put into all these drawings to make them come alive but at least the story should potray something useful or something for the kids to learn.


I'm lost for words. But hey, if that's what the new generation is into now, I'll just have to go with the flow and hopefully I don't end up being less intelligent than what I am now.


Have a great Sunday and a smashing week ahead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move with the times...:)

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahaha..i havent even watched TV for a long long time..except for soccer..and errr soccer..

Anonymous said...

Well, there's good and bad with every era's version, I suppose. During "our" time, cartoons were about heroes in skimpy clothing, damsels in distress who needed men who wear their undies on the outside to rescue them and panthers that are pink... most of which are, with hindsight, probably things the generation before ours thought silly.

Mcmercedez said...

I do agree that nowadays cartoons are different from the old days like Voltron, Thundercats, Care Bears and etc..

But there are good cartoons as well ler.. Such as Justice League, X-Men Revolution and etc.. So not so bad.. But i think a lot of cartoons are following Japanese animation where they have funny faces..

Hehe..

Seaqueen said...

Sorry guys for the late reply. Streamyx was down yesterday.

Anonymous: Yea lor. Cannot be aunty and stay behind.

"Joe" who is constantly craving: wah. So busy till you didn't get to watch tv?

Cirnelle: Hahahha!! DID(damsels in distress). Love those.

Mcmercedez: Oh, of course those cartoons are still the best, but they don't show enough of them nowadays. Wouldn't mind reruns on those.

Anonymous said...

i think cartoon for ppl like "us" will b funny......if can relate to current issues or related to our daily life. that's why calvin & hobbes is so famous?
i still watch japanese animation a lot actually ;) they show things that i cannot watch in real life...and to show THAT in a movie...it'll take a long long time (eg ...LOTR, transformers)