Thursday, September 6, 2007

Radio Shows

Morning norm for me is to listen to Fly FM Big Bang Breakfast Show. It's not that my taste for music has changed but more of like which DJ's hosting the show.

Back in the college years, Hitz FM had the craziest morning crew, Lil Kev and Fly Guy. Boy were they hilariou. Even before that when there was no Astor yet, I listened to Radio 4, Yasmin and Patrick. So you can all guess as much what's my age now. Hahaha! I love all that sarcasm, the "freedom of speech" when Patrick just "taruh" or what proper English sayas as to criticise. I mean he wasn't bothered about people's feelings or anything at all. Just went straight to the spot. Anyway, I'm going off track here. Back to the topic.


When I was in college, Hitz FM were pretty good but all good things will surely come to an end one day. Both Lil Kev and Fly Guy decided it's time to explore further horizons. So, with nothing to entertain me I switched to Mix FM breakfast show with Shazmin & Richard. They weren't as crazy as Lil Kev & Fly Guy but their constant head butts on topics kinda make the show interesting. I especially love the "Battle of the sexes" game on the show, where a guy and a girl calls in ahd whoever answers all the questions thrown to them correctly wins. And both Shaz and Richard would definitely help their own gender group and made bets on it and I remember Richard lost one of the many bets and had to cook roast lamb as a penalty.


Well, after both Richard and Shazmin decided to break their "duet" bond for the breakfast show, I was stuck again in choosing which channel I would listen to. I tried staying on to listen to the new trio of the breakfast show in Mix FM but somehow lack the "oomph".


In the end, I decided to try FlyFM and I got hooked. I was kinda skeptical at first, since I've always thought it's just another Hitz FM station wannabe since the songs they air is not dissimilar to Hitz. I mean let's look at Mix, it's a mixture of all types from the latest songs to the oldies, chinese songs to korean songs, etc. While Lite FM or what it was used to be known as Light & Easy, potray more relaxing to oldies songs.


But with listening to Big Bang Breakfast Show, I'm quite pleasantly surprised with it. It took a while to get use to but both Phat Phabes and Ben are really so comical. They really can make a person laugh till they cry mind you. But the best part of the show would be the Fix It for me. It's where listeners actually email Ben & Phat Phabes their problems and they try their very best to solve it or what they call Fix It. It can range from small petty problems to full blown problems that might include certain authorities.


Well, everything evolves and I guess my taste for radio station channels evolves as well and I'm contented with what I have and I'm fortunate enough to listen to all the past radio stations.


So what do you listen to?

4 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahah exactly the same pattern here..it was the fly guy n lil kev..and b4 that when my father used to take control of the radio it was yasmin n patrick..been switching between hitz, fly and red fm in the mornings..but it does get boring when every morning they serve a routine of programs instead of inpromptu topics, games and etc..

Seaqueen said...

"Joe" who's constantly craving: Red FM?? Are they good?? I only do the switching at nite. Cos I dun get to listen in between the day. :)

The Malaysian Life said...

It will always be Yasmin and Patrick for me - the best. I don't particularly like the newer ones. Fly guy is ok lah, I suppose.

Seaqueen said...

"The Malaysian Life": Yea I still prefer Patrick but I guess I'll just have to make do with what I have now.
But you can still read Patrick's blog. He's still as sarcastic as before.