Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thankful

Each day I wake up, I'm thankful I'm alive
As I walk down 18 floors, I try not to complain because I'm thankful I have legs
As I play the piano, I'm thankful I have hands to play and ears to hear the music
As I shop for Christmas presents, I'm thankful to have people I care and love about to buy presents for
As I listen to my parents nag me, I'm thankful for having such loving parents
As forwarded emails flood my mailbox, I'm thankful that I have friends that care enough to forward me emails
As I complain about my work, I'm thankful I have a job
As I write this, I'm thankful that I was given the opportunity to attend school to get an education
As I write this, I'm thankful that God gives me nudge from every now and then to remind me to rely on Him and not to try to run my own life without Him
As I write this, I'm trying to remind myself again and again not to take things for granted.

4 comments:

zewt said...

this is your ARK for today?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

eh..is that how u look??..nice pic..

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Nope. Not my ARK for the day. My ARK today would be to lend a listening ear to a friend.

"Joe" who is constantly craving: No lar. Not me. You can ask Zewt to describe me to you. Hahah!!!

The Malaysian Life said...

As I type this comment, Im thankful to have a comment to type. ;)

It is very easy to take our blessings, things and people for granted. I've been guilty of this numerous times. Thanks for the reminder.

Im also thankful for this short weekend which will invariably pass ever so quickly.