Friday, September 28, 2007

Paying peanuts to get monkey manners on board Air Asia

Phew. This has been the longest hiatus I've taken. It's not for a long break, holidaying somewhere but more of because of too many projects at hand and work piling up.

Now I'm back and I'm sorry to say that I've to start with a criticism on our local budget airline. Which one you say?? Of course the famous one, the red and white CI colour.

One of the few things I'm used to is to be greeted courteously whenevr I board the plane, whether be it Mas or S'pore Airlines, Cathay whatever airlines. But I did not hear any of these words when I board the flight of AK6335 on the night of 18/09/07.

I took a flight out to the East Coast to attend my fiancee's sister's wedding and it was really a totally unpleasant experience. No greeting, or probably it was too soft I couldn't hear what they muttered, but I can still live with that but boy was the flight attendants unprofessional. None of them bothered to smile, what more the Head Flight Attendant had the nerve to scowl at my fiancee's uncle when he enquired about something.


I wonder whether is this a norm for them, to not smile?
Too bad for her, my fiancee's sister saw the scowl and being stressed out enough for a bride-to-be with so many last minute details to look into, she lost her cool and demanded the Head Flight Attendant to apologise to her uncle.

Well, surpise, surprise, the typical Malaysian attitude kicked in (what else other than the "tidak apa" attitude). The Head Flight Attendant couldn't care less what she was asked to do, instead she had the nerve to nod her head then walk past her uncle prentending all the conversation never took place. No, "I'm sorry sir if I was rude to you". She instead hid beind the storage area where all the food is kept till the captain announced that it was time to land, did she only came out. She walked to my fiancee's uncle with a sheaf of papers, telling him, if he would like to make a formal complaint, he would do so by filling up the forms. WHAT THE F***ING HELL HAPPEN TO PROPER COURTESY??!!".


Not saying sorry but instead being cocky. This is Air Asia style!

So I'm still thinking, does paying peanuts means you get monkeys to serve you? I believe monkeys' will have better manners than her don't you think so?

This would be the 1st and the last time I'm ever taking Air Asia even if they offer free tickets to Paris. Damn!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously...i've never taken AA b4. i've heard some bad stories about it.

i flew for the first time jst recently. the MAS stewardess who was serving my side, she was very polite n helpful. salute her. the stewards? kurang ajar. hahaha. they were polite...but to the non-malaysians. omg.

i flew to london wif my ENRICH member number.......now they telling me the number is invalid =_=...if invalid..how come i can check in using it tat time?

aih..if reli invalid, nxt time i will change to SIA.

both AA and MAS are quite screwed up. hahaa. maybe AA is worse. i donno.

Seaqueen said...

Alvin: Hmm..I'm also wondering is it because of the people from Mas that went over to Air Asia that brought over the attitude as well but touch wood I've never experiece terrible service on Mas for the past 20 over years I'm taking it. :)

Oh, the Enrich thing, yea that part they're really screwed up. KrisFlyer's better.

zewt said...

cant complain much la... it's a budget airline after all. the question is whether you are willing to pay more for that greeting you so crave...

Anonymous said...

Courtesy is not a Malaysian thing. Afteral, this is a budget airline.

Anonymous said...

no frills = no suckups, no smiles and no courtesy.

Otherwise, we wouldn't have RM50 flights to Gold Coast.

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Not the greeting thing. It's all about courtesy. NO harm in just having to smile. No cost incurred eh??

Anonymous: Hahah! Quite true. But I'm glad in our circle of bloggers we do practice some sort of courtesy at least.

Cirnelle: RM 50 huh? Sigh. No thanks for me on that. :)

Mcmercedez said...

Maybe you need to pay more for them to smile and say hello.. hahaha... Next time when you'll see a terms and conditions that sounds like this:

For smile & courtesy, additional of RM20 will be charged.

Anonymous said...

how does clomid work for infertility | buy clomid online usa - buy clomid no prescription online, dosage clomid