Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tick tock, tick tock

Time ticking away. It's been passing me by. And I'm still trying to find enough time to do so many things, to accomplish them within 24 hours. How do I find time to squeeze everything into 24 hours??!!

Mornings are a blur for me, rushing to get ready for work, at work it's rushing for project datelines, after work I'm still trying to rush through traffic to go for an appointment with friends or to rush back probably for a spot of exercise, then rush back to blog, read blogs, check my mail. Forever rushing. It's been more hectic lately, more responsibilities, less time for personal things. I've been spending my honeymoon week at work last week to actually think whether I want to do this for the rest of my life, to keep rushing against time. Even my blogging has taken a toll. I'm not updating it as often as I want to, not able to read that many blogs, not able to spend time with my family members.



I'm contemplating to maybe start something on my own, but I'm also wondering, whether it'll actually squeeze more of my time instead of giving me more time. It's time to think about all these at this point in my life, which probably meaning taking a pay cut but the upside of it, I would be able to spend time with my parents, friends, people I care about, able to do things that are meaningful.


Such difficult questions and it's even more difficult to get answers to these questions.

7 comments:

zewt said...

this is why time seems to be going faster...

Anonymous said...

You know what? Faxes, telephones, photocopy machine, e-mail and such were created to free up more time so that you can get more things done. Thanks to our ever competitive world, we are not having less time for ourselves.

Also, starting something on your own don't really mean more time for yourself. Honestly, if it is yours, you might need to spend more time making sure it pans out fine.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i thought u just started ur new job??..aiyoyo thinking of not even waitin for the probation period to end?

Mcmercedez said...

Well, there's always not enough time to do what we want to do.. I think the best way is to simplify the process of what we want to do and hope it will save us more time.. hehe..

Anonymous said...

Say it with me... "It's all Streamyx's fault".

Seaqueen said...

Zewt:Yea. And I seem to slow down. Signs of getting old. Hahhaha!!

Anonymous: Yea. I've got a feeling I'll be taking up more time to do something on my own. Well, probably if it's something I love, hopefully I won't feel it that much.

"Joe" who is constantly craving: Yea lor. Started new job already sien. Die liao like that.

Mcmercedez: Simplify. I wish there's a way. Do teach me.

Anonymous said...

more stuff to do with the same amount of time? well, it's better than someone with a lot of time but nothing to do.......no aim in life lor. haha.

mmm take some days off...accompany ur frens , family..it's a good thing to do once in a while.