Saturday, October 27, 2007

That time of the year

It just that time of the year again where I've got to get my teeth checked. I used to dread going to the dentist, it's not the fear of the high pitch sound of the drilling but more of fearing that the dentist is going to announce that he's going to have to do an extraction.

When I was younger my mum made me wear braces and I was known as terminator in school, not because I'm a machine but due to the braces in my teeth. Only God knows why the name came up. I had no problem with all these name callings, probably cos I had a free spirit and I'm not really bothered of what people thought about me. Back to the topic of visiting the dentist, when I had to get my braces done, no one told me that I had to have some of my teeth extracted, and perfectly fine teeth, not those rotten, decaying ones and not those baby teeth. Perfectly cute, ivory looking teeth mind you. I practically had 4 teeth extracted out!! Just to have my braces put in. But luckily that's all the pain that I had to endure. I didn't go through any sort of pulling pain or whatsoever related to braces wearing, that some might tell me over and over again. So, I'm at loss why some feel the pain. Probably different people have different threshold of pain. But definitely having braces that time was a nuisance. Getting vegetables stuck in between your braces is not one pretty sight. Therefore chewing gums are definitely out of the question then. Maybe that's why until now I don't have a penchant for chewing gums or even bubble gums.


So when I went for my scaling and checks I was pleasantly surprised that I had a pretty good experience with the Dr. Not only was he a pleasant and easy to talk to, he was pretty gentle while doing it. So no pain or any discomfort and I came out with sparkling white teeth. Ok, not sparkling but it felt like it was. Hahahah!!! One thing I noted during my visit was while he was doing the scaling, the nurse actually put on headphones for me and instead of listening to the high pitch sound, I was almost lulled to sleep with the music. So, a total remarkable experience, for a dental visit.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to go to the dentist soon too...

Anonymous said...

Hey...i bet ur dental visit must be expensive considering the good service...anyway i'm not among those ppl who called u terminator... although i would have...hehe.

Anonymous said...

whoa, is tat your mouth + teeth? :P

i think the last time i went to dentist was during primary 4 where i won the gigi tersihat.

never done scaling or whatever treatment b4. =_=

Seaqueen said...

Anonymous: Hahahah!! Feeling the fear then??

carbine_79: Yes. I know you weren't one of those who called me terminator during those years.

Alvin Lim: Nope. Not mine. Hahahha!!!
Wow. That's a long long time ago. And you've never gone since after that?