Monday, October 8, 2007

What a weekend

Sunday. Sunday. Sunday. My least favourite day of the week and you’ll definitely know why. To wake up for Sunday morning church is not a chore but to wake up for an early Sunday rally organized by the office is definitely a total waste of my time.

Sundays is about time to rest, to spend time with your loved ones and friends as well. Talk about being up to par with the youngsters who partied their night away on a Saturday nite, gone were those days for me. But I have to take it in stride, waking up in the wee hours of the morning to get ready for a rally. Ok, I’ll admit not wee hours but still, waking up at 7am on a Sunday is torturous.

I’ve had less sleep in my college days, I can still function without sleep for 2 or 3 days in a row, but the caffeine level in my body would be above the limit if there is one for it. I would land myself in jail far more times than I know it. But, ever since I’ve join the modern slavery forces, my fitness level as well as my functioning body and brain has deteriorated tremendously. The question as to why this happens still eludes me. Is it because of the job scope that’s weighing me down or I just don’t get the motivation from it. I won’t say that I’m a fan of exams or assignments at college to have the motivation but it just seems different from the hey days of college. Even with the arduous task of last minute assignments to do, or last minute cramming for exams did not land me in fatigue as I now am constantly in. Probably age has been catching up as well.

So, there goes my weekend. Given to the organisation. Hopefully the bonus will be equally “demanding” as they have been on us.

Another long week ahead. Happy working everyone.

P.S No pix today cos there's some problem with blogger today I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe... I dread Sunday more for the fact that Monday follows next...

Anonymous said...

Well, next Monday is a public holiday. Woohoo!

Seaqueen said...

Anonymous: Yes. It's always like that. I get hyper on Friday nite then when it comes to Sunday walau eh...total slow poke man.

Cirnelle: Yea. Thank God for that.