Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A leader or a jester

A book on one of the ministers of this country was recently published. I have nothing against it at all, none whatsoever. I even applaud the writer who actually took the time and effort in managing to get the book published. But it got me thinking, why of all people did she choose him?? If you are not a Malaysian reading this, you must be wondering who am I talking about. This book is about the life and achievements of the leader of MIC. That is all I can say. I will not elaborate on who this person is but I am shocked that she actually find him worth writing about.

I’ve seen many a leaders out there, whether be it a minister or a commoner that are much more worthy to be written about. Why do I loathe this guy?? For many reasons. I believe he has his good qualities, I believe that he has done many wonderful things for his own community but almost each and every year, he has some particular reason to increase the toll charges. I wonder how many times will he or whoever it is that cites the reason that they have yet to cover back the $$ spent on building the highways. That’s an old excuse. Come up with something much better will ya? Yes, I do see the highways get “upgraded”, have new layers of tar on them, swept clean of rubbish by the conscientious highway sweepers, the grass and the flowers along the highway, being kept in order. But, do these “purveyors” that supply the workers for all these arduous task hike up the price, hence we bear the brunt of it? If yes, do say so and we’ll understand. But for the past couple of years, there’s always a toll increase thanks to this particular gomen and I’m not that ecstatic about it. I’ve no idea whether it is his call for the increase of the toll but each time he opens his mouth, something comes up.

He also recently commented on the fact that he wants to ban those bigger bikes on the highway? What in the world?! Because of what? Tell me? What did they do to him, I’ve no freaking idea but sometimes it feels like his brain doesn’t really register what he’s trying to say and it all comes out wrong. And we have him for a minister as well. How great is that?

Sometimes I do understand why some of my blogger friends have the wish to leave this country. When I see people like these that we have to call our leaders, they make me want to leave the country too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, when you pay a premium for semi-value projects, you get a long term instalment plan. there will be step up in repayment amount over time. so don't be surprised if the tolled roads want to raise the price. it is already stated in the agreement.

zewt said...

i think it's so obvious who you're talking about. well, the thing you should do is register to vote... have you done that yet?

Mcmercedez said...

I think it's part of their income as well.. Coz these people who wrote about them have to give some sort of like a royalty fee or something like that.. If this is true, take a guess how much money he will make out of this..

Provided his book can sell.. hahah..

Seaqueen said...

Anonymous: Long term installment plan huh? Does that come with 0% interest?? Hahahah!!!

Zewt: Register to vote?? Hahahahahah!!! Very funny!

Mcmercedez: Dun think he will get any royalty payment from that book. He's rich enough already.

Anonymous said...

I think the guy himself paid the writer to come out with the book

Carribeab Queen

Anonymous said...

haha... of course not la... who will give these projects zero interest financing? but the users are luckier, no need to pay any interests. only higher rates as the years go by...

Seaqueen said...

Carribean Queen: That's an interesting thought. Yea maybe but I don't think he's that smart to do that. Hahahah!!!

Anonymous: Higher rates n zero financing huh?? Yes and we suffer because of that.