Friday, October 5, 2007

What a life

I wonder why when you reach a certain age, you spend more than when you are younger or older.

I've just utilise a quarter of my card limist within 2 days. Firstly was for my kitchen gadgets; hob, hood and oven. The next was a handphone. No this was not a splurge. Fiancee's hp decided to die on him last week and after much cajoling, he went it to the service centre but it could not be "resuscitated". He has yet to bring the hp back so that we can do a "burial". You must think I'm nuts but this was the 1st generation 3G hp that arrived on Malaysian shores and it has served us well for the past 3 years or more.


So back to the topic, spending more at a certain age range. Yes, I do believe that when we were younger, we had no commitments, less worry as well as less money to use but heck we had a pretty enjoyable life during secondary and college days didn't we?? I sure did. But once you reach a certain age, even when your salary doesn't go up the ranking as fast as you want it to, you still can't run away from the normal events in life. Marriage, getting your own pad, having kids or friends having kids, friends getting married, etc. It all comes with the age range.


Once you have passed that, you slowly spend less on these events, then when you reach your 50s or 60s when maybe it's your own kids turn to go through what we went through ourselves. That will be the time to take the $$ out of the FDs, or sell your bonds or unit trusts, etc. Either to help your son on the dowry or childern having grandkids you know the drill. So the whole cycle starts over again.


This 1 month, past few weeks has been really exhausting. So I really wanna apologise in advance for not updating my blog as often as I would like to. I'll admit to being what Zewt mentioned, a modern slave. I'm guilty as charged. Anyway, nowadays life's not getting better even with a change in job. No $, no time for myself or my friends, going broke all for the sake of having a happier, better life. Sometimes I wonder is it worth it??!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Money is never enough. So, the real question should be, is your life now better or worse? Think about that.

zewt said...

you just inspired me on what i wanna write...

Seaqueen said...

Cirnelle: Yes. Very true. $$ will never be enough. I can't really say whether it's better or worse. What do you think?? No time to blog even. Sigh. I'm at a loss here.

Zewt: Really?? I'm flattered you get ideas from my blog. Hahahha!!!

Anonymous said...

Well one thing is for sure. Time wasted can never be recovered. So live life to the max and in the most meaningful way!

Anonymous said...

time is more important than money. money, you can always earn back. time, u cannot.

mm again, i can only say, if one is smart, money is never a problem...there are so many opportunities outside. it's jz a matter of how you wanna make money.

so, don think so much bout it, it'll come naturally.