Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend

A long weekend has just passed and the bones have got to get cranking but usually to no avail. Let alone cranking it up to get up in the morning for work. It's called lazy bones.

I wonder where did the origins of the term lazy bones came from? Anyone knows about this? But this is definitely the feeling for each human being after a long weekend, especially when many have gone back home for the holidays or outstation. This Raya is the first I had spent staying in KL. No joining the mad rush of the raya jam to go anywhere for a holiday. It's a first and I've enjoyed most of the time lazing away, going for leisurely walks, doing the house chores at my own pace, rather than rushing through it over the weekend. Somehow the urgency did not materialise at all. Of course I took the chance to check out the new comers in town. Which new comers you say? Read on and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I guess most of you guys have somehow visited the spanking new Pavillion or The Gardens that was recently opened in September. I again, decided not to join the mad rush to see what was all the fuss about for these 2 until the Raya weekend. I assumed that most KL folks would have either gone home for the holiday or gone for a little hiatus somewhere so I decided to go take a look at both places.

Golly! The Gardens's really impressive. All branded outlets, lining the mall, squeaky, shiny floors, the smell of fresh paint and glue. It's an eye-opener. For one, the number of new boutiques are staggering. Some I've not heard of (probably cos I don't get to see other parts of the world where these brands reside), but one sad thing was most of the shops were closed since I went on Saturday which was the first day of Raya. This basically means that I get to have another excuse to check out this place again with my fiancee again one of these days. One thing I find odd was the toilet. There were signs of the toilet but all it did was to point you to a series of lifts. At first I thought that I had mis-read the signs wrongly so I went up another floor but it was the same thing. Then managed to tracked down a security guard who explained to us that the toilet's entrance IS actually nearby the lifts just that it's still under construction therefore the only way in was via the side door. No plus points there. Robinsons's housed here at The Gardens and it's real classy, black glass acting as a mirror, so many brands to choose from inside Robinsons alone, not counting the boutiques outside, and their home section, Wow is all I can say. Countless to choose from. Overall, shopping at the Gardens actually made me feel that I was shopping in S'pore instead. The vibe, the crowd, the boutiques all made it feel that way. One word for it all, Impressive!

Pavillion. This one needs a little guidance in terms of getting to the right floor from the car park. We had to try at least 3 buttons before we actually arrived at the exact floor where there were shops. The past few opened up to more car parks but there wasn't any indication for that as well. So no extra points for that. But when I arrived, one thing I noticed was the air-conditioning. One word. COLD! Many of the shops were branded but at least at different levels they sort of had different type of stores to cater for different income range community. The food court there was pretty impressive. Again it reminded me of the Takashimaya food court concept where all the food was located at the lowest GF and there were so many to choose from. This I gotta give them credit. At least we just had to walk one floor and see it all rather than having some restaurants together with other shops as well. Imagine you're hungry enough to eat a horse while walking you suddenly de-toured to another shop just because your friend saw something captivating in that shop. No such chance here at the Pavillion. At least your ultimate aim to find food won't be thwarted by something other than food. This place needs getting used to, as there's many levels for one, as well as different parts to each floor. So if you're in for a shopping spree cum hide n seek with your partner this is a good place to go to.

These 2 places are a rare gem for the KLites for now. So, happy shopping and happy exploring.

** No pix uploaded. Dun ask me why. Ask blogspot on this. Sigh.

6 comments:

zewt said...

with all these... i wonder if we malaysians are really that poor..?

Anonymous said...

er..where is this garden thing O_O
man, i'm so outdated....

Anonymous said...

The Gardens is at Mid Valley.

And zewt, there are segments of Malaysians that are not poor but loaded with cash and have nothing better to do. Also, Malaysia now caters for the Middle East market under the banner of Islamic Country.

As for the rest of the bottom dwellers, they can still enjoy Carrefour, Giant, Tesco and the likes.

Any one wonders what is becoming of this country...

Seaqueen said...

Wah. I wanna thank Anonymous for replying all that for me. Hahahah!!! It's true what anonymous say. There are segments of Malaysians that are fully loaded and those who are below the middle class as well. So we'll always continue wondering where all they get the $$ to spend and spend.

Alvin: You aren't out of Malaysia for that long unless you're totally not aware what's happening before this. Heheheh!!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

still havent gone to pavilion..refuse to believe the exorbitant parking fees haha

Seaqueen said...

"Joe" who is constantly craving: Well you can always opt to take the monorail and walk there. Hahahha!!! But yes, the fees pretty high, for KLCC even at 5 bucks I'm still willing to pay cos everythings' opened already but Pavillion, kena think twice. :)