Monday, August 6, 2007

Carl's Jr at 1Utama

Burgers, French fries, Mustard, Onions and Pickles. Yummy!!!! That’s what it was when I sank my teeth into a Carl’s Junior Burger! It’s finally opened!!



As I do my usual weekend shopping at 1Utama, I chance across this outlet, still under renovation with Carl’s Jr on the outside. I didn’t think much about it until my fiancée mentioned that it’s one of the famous burger outlets in the US . That got my attention. Anything to do with fast food or chips, I’m game for it. Though it would be a gamble to keep feeding myself with all these scrumptious food and neglect the fact that I might not be able to squeeze myself into my wedding dress end of this year, it has always been well worth the bite.




So, when it finally opened I so happen to be at 1Utama again (it’s meant to be, God just wants me to enjoy my love for food) I made a bee line to Carl’s Jr. for lunch never mind the fact that I had a late breakfast. When I got there, it was already doing brisk business. I couldn’t bear the anticipation, and when it came to my turn to order I didn’t go berserk but I was loss for words with so many choices. Wondering whether I should try their Chilli Cheeseburger or the Guacamole Bacon burger or SOOOOOO many other burgers? In the end I decided that my love for bacon supersedes my other choices. I settled for Western Bacon Cheeseburger and my fiancée ordered the Guacamole Bacon burger.


(the Western Bacon Cheeseburger. I'll admit the pix doesn't do it justice cos I took this with my hp camera)

It was love at first bite!! The taste of the bbq sauce just brings out the taste of the charbroiled burger and the bacon, DELICIOUS. Together with mustard sauce, the burger’s to die for. The size is just huge. Let’s just hope that they maintain the size, rather than growing smaller as they progress like some burgers that came to Malaysian shores. But one downside was, the bacon was chicken not pork. That’s the sad part of it. I’ve also managed to try my fiancée’s Guacamole Bacon Burger and the texture and the taste of the guacamole taste like the authentic version, not a copied recipe. It’s a funny combination to have with burger but it was surprisingly good.

Then the fries, pretty good. I’m impressed. I always thought that McD still rule in the fries department but Carl’s Jr. just won my vote on their fries.

In terms of price, it can be a bit pricey for fast food but with the serving size, I’d like to think it’s well worth your $ spent. It’s not as if you’re gonna eat it everyday.

So there you go guys, go give it a try. It’s well worth it.

8 comments:

zewt said...

wow... used to hang out in this place opposite kota raya during my form 3 days...

Weig said...

So... Burger King v Carls Jr. Which?

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Kota Raya?? You mean they came to Malaysia before this??

Cirnelle: Definitely Carl's Jr. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can confirm that Carl's Jr came here before. Didn't work out and it finally closed down a few years ago.

Anyway, I would prefer it with bacon...:P

I know these type of restaurants in Malaysia will never serve non-halal food but honestly, back in Adelaide when I ate Hungry Jacks whopper burger, I was hooked!...hehe

Anonymous said...

Er..i don eat beef...so...is it still recommended? Haha. The only burger i like in BK is french chicken =_=

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

20++ is damn expensive lar..i think noted that even chillis served their burgers for tat kinda price..

Seaqueen said...

Anonymous: yea...love those burgers...

Alvin: Yea...they have chicken but haven't tried it yet. I'll let ya know when I've tried it.

"Joe": yea it's ex but well worth it. Yummy!!! Makes my mouth water again.

Anonymous said...

the outlet in singapore is not halal so you can pig out the burgers the way you like it best...heheheheh