Sunday, August 5, 2007

Travel and Living - The way to live.




Rajasthan, Udaipur. Having a meal with the Maharaja, more of like having the meal being cooked by the Maharaja. How good can life get?

No, I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about Anthony Bourdain. Just watched No Reservations where this famous cook is travelling in Rajasthan (no idea where this is, since my Geography sucks). He got the chance to actually eat a meal cooked by a Maharaja. I think that only happens once in a lifetime, on television that is.

Sometimes I feel that they, the "television cook cum travellers" have the time of their life. Travelling the world, seeing the different cultures, trying exotic foods. That's what you call living life to the fullest, or is it? I do tend to daydream at times, thinking how it will be like if I'm in their shoes, when it suddenly came to mind how I get tongue-tied and camera-shy when I get in front of a real camera.



Oh well, there isn't much to be jealous of, since we always seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side, how their lives are better than ours. It's time to remind myself that the grass can be greener on my own side as long as I tend to it, water it and let God work his wonders.

6 comments:

zewt said...

looks like your blog getting good response.... well done young paduwan...

Weig said...

Are you sure you'd like to travel for a living? Jetlags, air plane food, lost luggage, terrorism and missing your family? Are you sure?

Anonymous said...

Well, one thing is for sure, if you are into weird food, that is the lifestyle you should aim for.

I for one, being a person with sensitive stomach, can only go so many times to a toilet.

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Thanks. :) Still learning.

Cirnelle: Oh yea. I remembered your ordeal. Lost luggage. That I don't think I can live with.

Anonymous: I guess it's about overcoming the fear of eating anything that's live and moving. Once I've overcome that should be able to stomach the rest.

Anonymous said...

Malaysia is still da best !

Er..coz i've never been outside Msia before =_=
But well, i blif u wouldn't want to travel so much...not good for health actually.

Mcmercedez said...

Eating with king? I wonder our own king can cook or not? hm.. I know.. One thing he sure can cook.. Maggi Mee.. ehhe