Thursday, August 23, 2007

Damn Streamyx



Damn Streamyx. The connection was so slow yesterday; I can’t even login to blogspot, let alone update a new entry yesterday. I wonder whether I can upload this tonight since I usually type out my blog somewhere before I actually post it up. I’m hoping that the new broadband connection that’s “supposed” to be coming in to Malaysian waters will be much better than Streamyx. I’m talking about WiMAX.

If I remembered correctly, there were 4 major companies who gotten the bid and they are Asiaspace Dotcom, Redtone-CNX Broadband, Bizsurf (a unit of YTL Corp) and Packet One Networks, but (I’m gloating here) that TM didn’t get it. I mean, come on, give others the chance. Just because you dominate the entire country in telecommunications doesn’t mean you’re the best. Proven already many times, one of it was yesterday. I will give them leeway, as in there will always be a chance where the connection might go haywire once in a while, but the frequency of it happening at least once a month or even more is starting to irritate me. That shows that something is seriously wrong there. So I’m still waiting here. Starting to have cobwebs growing out of my hair. But still no sign of WiMAX yet.


Let’s speculate a little, one reason WiMAX is taking so long to get started is probably because after the deal has been signed, there still needs to be the construction of the IT platform, location picking bla bla bla. I’ve no idea in these matters. Or another reason could be because certain “authorities” decides that, no way we’re letting all these big-ass companies take over the broadband industry. What’s going to happen to our “baby Streamyx” if they’re better than us? Then, start improving your service, dim-witted people!! You’ve gotten so much $$, you can build a whole kingdom of infrastructure! Think about that for a second! It’s all possible, if only you would spend the time and $$ in R&D, rather than idling away!!!

Sigh. I better not go on. You know how it’s like. We are free to actually voice out our opinions but only opinions that are soothing to “their” ears, if you know what I mean. I won’t elaborate further.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing is WiMAX is supposed to be rolled out by end of this year. I believe one of the licensee just acquired Airzed while the other acquired DB Capital for other bandwave and they will be using the existing structure.

Things are sketchy but typical of M'sia, it will be delayed (as usual).

Mcmercedez said...

The reason WiMax is not out until now of course not only due to the infrastructure in our beloved country sucks but I heard that our beloved govt did not get a deal on this. Imagine if our beloved govt did not have a cut of this piece of cake, what will happen?

Weig said...

The implications are much more wide spread, I think. Not only will Streamyx die off, Astro and pay TV might too. Because with a broader band, comes watching downloaded movies over the internet!!!! Muahahahahah!!!

Seaqueen said...

Anonymous: Yes. Malaysia, the land of Boleh (also known as boleh delay) hahahahaha!!!!

Mcmercedez: Beloved? Beloved my ass lar! These people only knows how to make this place a hell hole.

Cirnelle: Wow. That's an interesting thought. Can't wait for more then. Hahhaha!!

The Malaysian Life said...

I heard there is a management problem with Streamyx, not infrastructural as is often perceived. Well, we can only speculate.

Seaqueen said...

The Malaysian life: Management huh? I like that... :)

Anonymous said...

er...wimax not that fast ler. it's still slower than our streamyx i think coz streamyx is broadband. wimax is wireless broadband.

so..don hope for too much la.