Thursday, August 16, 2007

A woman

This was a poem written by an Unknown and I want to share it with you.

God said :
When I created woman, she needed to be special.
I created her shoulders strong enough to bear the weight of the world…
And soft enough to be comfortable
I gave her the strength to give life,
The kind that accepts the rejection that often comes from children
I gave her the strength to allow her to go on when everybody else give up.
The kind that takes care of her family, despite illness and fatigue
I gave her the sensitivity to love her children unconditionally
Even when they have hurt her deeply
I gave her the strength to endure her husband in his faults
And to stay at his side without weakening
And finally, I gave her tears to shed whenever she needs them to be shed
The beauty of a woman resides in her eyes.
It is the door to her heart ;
the door where Love resides
And it is often through her tears that you see her heart go by



The words really brought an awakening, touched me deep inside. It has given me hope to be a better daughter, a more understanding friend, a more thoughtful sister, a loving wife and a doting mother in the years to come. Now I understand why God made women different from a man, why women are able to multi-task while carrying the burdens on her shoulders, why a succesful man always have a pillar of strength of a wife, why even though how much heartache a child causes his mother, she still loves him unconditionally, why she can be a good listener to a friend in need even when she has had a demanding week.


God made each one of us special in His eyes and let us not forget that but continue to bring out the best in us, in no matter what we do or wherever we go.

3 comments:

Weig said...

I'm a lousy listener when I've had a demanding week. :P

zewt said...

i taste a tad of sexism.

Seaqueen said...

Cirnelle: Hahahah!! Yes. We've all been there. :)

Zewt: Oh come on. What sexism? Are you jealous it's all about women?? I'll try to get another entry up about men then. =P