Thursday, August 9, 2007

Of Hauntings and break-ins

Hauntings and break-ins. These are the 2 major things that happened to the place I call home here in KL.


No, I wasn’t haunted by an apparition or something like that but there was this entity residing in the house many years back before I stayed in the house. I moved into the house not knowing that we would have this unfelt presence with us. I didn’t feel the usual hair-raising sensation that most people would feel if something wasn’t right. No one even bothered to mention that “this being” was actually staying with us. I think any idiot would be smart enough not to say a word on this. It’s a taboo subject, let alone to tell the new tenant renting the room that the house is haunted.

Only got to know about this entity when a couple of my housemates were sharing stories that made me realized they were actually talking about “this being” in the house I’m staying. I didn’t freak out, why till this day I don’t know. Probably was because firstly I will never believe until I see with my own eyes (not that I want to) and 2, “it” has never bothered me before. They told me that the usual “disturbance” was when they were at the sitting room; they thought they saw a shadow passed by the corner of their eye.

One hair-raising story was when one of my housemate, Kit was doing her work late one night at home with a friend and they were listening to a cd. It stopped for quite a while and they did not realize it till the cd suddenly started playing. Only thing was, it kept repeating this particular song, over and over again. She thought that the cd was faulty, so she stopped it but in less than a minute, it started playing by itself again. This time they really freaked out, stopped working, switched off everything and ran up to the room to bed. I’m not too sure whether she actually slept or pretended to sleep but she assured me that “it” did not came in the middle of the night to stare at her sleep.

I think “the being” decided to be kwai for a while. It decided not to alarm any of the occupants in the house for a few weeks till one night, while another housemate was sleeping, he felt someone prodding him on the side. He thought it was his girlfriend, so he just mumbled, “Stop disturbing me and go next door to find someone else to disturb.” Apparently “the being” really listened to him and went to my other housemate’s room and observe him sleeping. Even though he was sleeping, my housemate has this niggling feeling that he was being stared at (beats me how he felt it) but he suddenly woke up to see, a small kid and a lady watching him sleep. When he yelled out, they disappeared. (I think I would have pissed in my pants. Damn!) Now, is that hair-raising or what? But I really thank God that “it” never bothered me throughout my stay in this house.

Straight after that incident, they decided they had enough and came back the next few days armed with “fu”, “chinese datuk” (whatever that is cos I’ve got no idea on all these rituals, prayers and chants) and they weren’t bothered anymore to this day. The only thing I can be thankful for is being fully protected by God and by reading His word I’m real blessed that’s all I can say. This has strengthen my faith in Him to protect me as He has countless of times.


Recently there was a break-in at my house. It happened last Friday. Nothing much was stolen other than my housemate’s keys and a notebook. I’m still thanking God that this baby wasn’t stolen, if not there’s no way I can blog about this now. This thief must have been “camping” nearby to know the time we keep and where my housemate usually place his keys. Yes.Yes. I know. You’re stunned that our keys are practically lying out in the open. It’s not totally in the open, it so happens my housemate’s “smart” enough to leave his keys on his table next to the window. I’ve no idea whether the window was open or not when the key was stolen. So being a moron, obtuse git he is, did not realize something was amiss when his house keys were missing. He thought that one of my other housemates must have taken his keys by mistake. But HELLO!??!! Everyone’s supposed to be at work. No one’s home other than you guys??!!! I really wanted to say that but I think I’ll keep my cool. So when he came back with my other housemate Kit, she suddenly realized that her notebook’s gone. It’s been stolen. Yea of course it’s been stolen. What do you think??!!! It walked off by itself??!! Only then, did they realize that the back door was wide open. The thief had the “brilliant” idea of using the stolen keys to leave using the back door, leaving the padlock behind for us!!!

I can never know how dim-witted someone can be but these people really deserve to win an award. (“And the greatest imperceptive award goes to…drum roll please”). The first time round, when the keys were missing, was before they were went out. This practically means they went out, left the house “vulnerable” and open to the thief without knowing it. Ok ok. I’ll stop blaming them since nothing else was stolen. We’ve changed all the locks and of course made a police report. It’s been a hard lesson to learn for them and everyone else.

All in all, I’ve learnt that we cannot control all the circumstances in our lives but we can control how we respond to them, whether it makes us a bitter person or a better person.

5 comments:

zewt said...

can't believe you're staying in a haunted place. but then again.... if God is for you, who can be against you? Certainly, God is more powerful than any fu around.

as for the break in... really, thank God that no one is at home. it could have been ugly.

Weig said...

Maybe the spirit scared the thief away and all he managed to grab was a notebook.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

touch wood..havent seen anything fishy and wouldnt want to see anything fishy..once a thief broke into the house next door..my car was unlocked..and i had all my expensive ties..thank god he didnt touch us..

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear no one is hurt. I do suggest that you change your padlocks.

As for the spirits thing, don't be too alarmed. There are ways to compel them to leave if there is a need.

Seaqueen said...

Zewt: Yes. I'm really thankful for His presence in my life in every matter.

Cirnelle: Hahahha!!! Maybe. Never know. :)

"Joe": Wow. You're really lucky.

Anonymous: I'm glad that no one's hurt too. :)